Edit driver hours to correct duty status errors.
Note: Neither you nor drivers can edit driving time.
Web application users with the appropriate role can correct driving time. indicates there was a system or sensor failure requiring the driver to keep paper logs. You'll see one of three identifiers in the header: Driver Not Logged In - the log edits will be approved only after the driver logs in and reviews them, AOBRD - the logs are automatically approved when downloaded to the in-cab device, or ELD - the driver must review and approve the changes you make. When the sensor error is corrected, follow these steps to update the drivers hours.
- On the Drivers tab, click Driver and select the driver name from Make Selection. Click the Detail button ().
- Click the edit button ( ) to edit a non-current duty status or click the Add On Duty icon ( ) to edit a driver's current duty status when the driver is Off Duty and not logged into the mobile.
For more information about what to consider when editing current duty status, click here
- In the Correct Duty Status dialog, you can click the scissors icon ( ) to split the original duty status.
- Select the correct duty status from the drop-down list.
If you clicked you are only able to edit the current status to On Duty.
- If applicable, select an exception from the drop-down list.
- Edit the duration in minutes.
The duration converts to hours/minutes.
- If necessary, modify the location information.
If you split a duty status, the Point of Interest (POI) and other location information is copied to the second part of the split. You may edit the city and state or province using the format "City, State/Province" and the standard abbreviation for the state or province.
- If necessary, modify the distance driven.
- If necessary, check or uncheck the Moving check box.
- In the Remarks field, type a short explanation of what happened during the status or select from the list of pre-defined remarks.
- In the Edit Reason field, type a short explanation of why you are making this edit or select from the list of pre-defined edit reasons.
- Click the Save button.
- To undo an edit, click the undo icon ( ).
A warning appears indicating what time frame is affected by this action. To continue, click the Undo button.
After you edit a driver's logs, HOS sends the updates to the driver at a set duration, typically 15 minutes. If the driver is logged out or in Sleeper Berth status, the system waits until the driver logs in or changes status to send the updated logs. To send the updated log to the mobile immediately, click the Send Logs button.