Hours of Service Overview
Hours of Service, also referred to as HOS, is an Omnitracs compliance web application that gives office staff visibility to driver hours. This includes on duty, driving, sleeper berth, personal conveyance (if enabled), and off duty time that each driver logs manually or is automatically captured on the vehicle. Log data is then run through a HOS rules engine that checks the driver's compliance with hours of service regulations applicable to that driver which could include the US, Canada, or intrastate rules in Texas, California, Florida, and Alaska.
With HOS you can:
- View driver's available driving time to assign loads to driver with available hours,
- Monitor driver compliance by viewing near real-time information on driver screens and running reports
- Monitor the mobile unit to recognize when data is not up to date due to a problem (e.g., sensor failure)
- Log out drivers who forgot to log out,
- Correct driver hours and send them to drivers for approval,
- Assign unassigned driving (when driving segments are captured but no driver was logged in at that time)
- Set up HOS web application host users, drivers, vehicles, depots, groups, and system settings and defaults,
- And enable integration with back office software.
To use HOS, you need
- Internet Explorer 9 or later,
- A display with a resolution of
- 1024 x 768 (minimum), or
- 1280 x 800(recommended)
|Hours of Service System Administrator's Guide||ELD Readiness Driver Training Checklist for the MCP110/200||AOBRDs vs. ELDs Cheat Sheet|
Driver Cab Cards
- AOBRD - DOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP110/MCP200
- Enhanced AOBRD - DOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP110/MCP200
- AOBRD - MOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP110/MCP200
- Enhanced AOBRD - MOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP110/MCP200
- ELD - DOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP110
- ELD - DOT Quick Reference Card for the MCP200
Documentation in English
- Driver Cheat Sheet for Enhanced AOBRD
- Omnitracs HOS Certificate of Compliance
- Driver Quick Reference Card for the DU
- DOT Quick Reference Card for the DU
- (Canadian) Driver Quick Reference Card for the DU
- (Canadian) MOT Quick Reference Card for the DU
- Driver Quick Reference Card for the EDU
- DOT Quick Reference Card for the EDU
- (Canadian) Driver Quick Reference Card for the OmniTRACS EDU
- (Canadian) MOT Quick Reference Card for the OmniTRACS EDU
- Editing Logs: OmniTRACS EDU and DU
- OBDII to J1587/J1708 Converter Installation and Troubleshooting Guide
- Hours of Service Integration Questions Answered
Documentation en español
Documentation en français
- Heures de service Carte de référence rapide du ministère des Transports à utiliser avec la Passerelle Intelligent Véhicule d’Omnitracs (IVG)
- Heures de service Carte de référence rapide du ministère des Transports à utiliser avec la plateforme mobile 50 d’Omnitracs (MCP50)
- Heures de service pour le Canada – Carte de référence rapide MOT À utiliser avec la plateforme informatique mobile 100 d’Omnitracs (MCP100)
- Heures de service pour le Canada Carte de référence rapide MOT À utiliser avec la plateformes informatique mobiles Omnitracs 110 (MCP110) et 200 (MCP200)
© 2019 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.