The Idling query is run for a driver, vehicle, or group and can be used to:
- Spot trends impacting your business
- Manage by exception
- Quantify the financial impact of idling
- Coach and reward drivers
Note: If you do not receive data by driver (drivers log in), use vehicles and vehicle groups to show data.
- Click Queries, then click Idling.
- Click the link for included entities and click the driver, vehicle, or group to query.
- The information below your name on the right tells you which assets you are working with based on global group membership. At least one selected, authorized asset must be in a group for it to appear.
- Click the time frame link and select the days or date range to query.
- Type the fuel cost to use.
- Click Search.
- Click to generate a PDF with the results.
- A message window tells you the request was successful or to wait for a pending report to finish and try again. Click Reports on the top, right to view completed reports.
The left table shows hours and cost associated with intertrip and short idling week-by-week, (month-by-month, year-by-year) depending on the selected time frame.
The graph on the right plots target vs. actual intertrip idle time, with the top and bottom five performers listed below. Although the target (orange) line is a constant (unchanging) value, it is not a straight line because it is calculated as a percentage of each week's engine time. Click here for more information about target intertrip idle time.
Incorrect or incomplete data is automatically omitted in calculations. Click here to learn more about omitted data.