Create a Delivery
To send a file, you create a delivery specifying the file to send, which vehicles to send it to, and other information. After you create the delivery, you send it.
- If you want to assign a delivery to one or more groups of vehicles, those groups must already exist. For instructions on creating a group, see Create a Group.
- To save a new delivery you must assign at least one recipient, which can be either a vehicle or a group.
- If necessary, click the Deliveries tab to display the Deliveries page.
- Click Add Delivery.
- On the Add Delivery popup, fill out the Subject and Description fields with text that will help you identify this delivery later.
- Specify the file to send.
- If you have already uploaded the file to Media Manager, select it from the drop down list.
- To send a file you haven't uploaded yet, click the File Name: Add button. Browse to and select the file you want to send.
- Optional: If you want to assign the delivery to a group of vehicles follow these steps.
- Click the Group(s): Add button.
- On the Group Assignment popup, check the boxes in the Selected column for the groups you want to assign to this delivery.
- Click Done.
Note: The groups to select must already exist. You create new groups on the Settings / Groups page.
- Optional: If you want to assign the delivery to one or more individual vehicles, follow these steps:
- Click the Vehicles(s) Add button.
- Type a few characters of a Vehicle ID or Vehicle UA, then click Search. The vehicle assignment list populates with vehicles that contain your search terms.
- Check the boxes in the Selected column for the vehicles you want to assign to this delivery.
- Click Done. The Add Delivery popup displays again.
- To add more vehicles, click the Vehicle(s) Add button again and repeat the steps until you have added all the vehicles you want.
- In the Available Date / Available Time fields, fill out the earliest time and date you want the delivery sent.
- Optional: If you want the system to stop attempting to send the delivery after a certain date, check the Expiration Date box. Type the time and date in the fields that appear.
- Click one of the Delivery Option radio buttons. If you want to use Terrestrial but only for a limited time, check Other (Use Schedule) then fill out the fields that appear.
- Click Save.
The Deliveries List now shows the delivery you just added. To send the delivery to the recipients you assigned, click the WiFi icon in the Actions column for that delivery.
© 2018 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.