By default, the Omnitracs Hours of Service (HOS) web application comes with one role: HOS Administrator. As the administrator, you can create the roles of those people in your organization who are to use HOS. For example, you may create a Safety Manager roles and possibly a Dispatcher role. You can limit what each role is allowed to do with Hours of Service by assigning rights to each role.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click Role.
- The User Role field should be New Role.
- In the Role description field, type a brief descriptive term for the role, such as Dispatcher.
- Assign Rights (or permissions) to the role.
The rights assigned allow a person with that role to access and use those parts of the application.
- User Role Administration - allows the user to create and maintain roles for HOS application users.
- User Administration - allows the user to create and maintain HOS application users.
- Depot Administration - allows the user to create and maintain depots (terminals) to which vehicles and drivers are assigned.
- Driver Administration - allows the user to create and maintain drivers in the HOS application.
- Vehicle Administration - allows the user to create and maintain vehicles in the HOS application.
- Group Administration - allows the user to create and maintain groups of drivers and vehicles.
- HOS Setup Administration - allows the user to modify HOS system settings on the HOS Setup page, which affects how logs are captured and the permissions application users and drivers have to do things.
- Office Administration - allows the user to maintain the address of the fleet's main office, which appears on the driver's log (unless the driver is assigned a carrier).
- All Duty Status Edits - allows the user to edit any type of duty status record (driving and non-driving) and assign unassigned driving time to drivers.
- Non Driving Edits: allows user to edit a driver's non-driving duty status records (Sleeper Berth, Off-Duty, Off-Duty Driving). With this role users cannot edit a driver's drive time.
- Click the Save button.
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.