Filters allow you to create and edit predefined lists of one or more incident types. In addition, you can specify criteria to make the filter more specific, such as maximum and minimum speed or the number of events that occur in a given period of time. Filters can be applied to notifications, reports, incident searches, and, if applicable, to web services.
- Log into the Services Portal and select Critical Event Reporting.
- Select Settings.
- Select Add Filter.
- Type a name for the filter. Choose a descriptive name to make it easy to find and use.
- Choose which critical events to include in the filter:
- Select ON or OFF next to a critical event type to toggle it on or off.
- As you enable critical event types, enter filter criteria, such as maximum and minimum speed or the number of events that occur in a given period of time. For some events, you can indicate whether an alert should be triggered if data is missing. For example, if the speed was not recorded for a hard braking event, you can choose whether or not to receive an alert. For more information, hover your cursor over the green quote icon next to the event name.
- Select Save.
For a more detailed explanation of each critical event type as well as the additional information required for each event type, see Settings - Filters.
Creating Filters in CER