Best Practices for Creating Media Manager Content
Video files (WMV)
- Film in a quiet environment with no interruptions.
- If filming a speaker, have the speaker wear a microphone for best audio results.
- Test the playability and quality of the video by playing it through Windows Media Player on your computer.
Audio files (MP3, OGG, or WMA)
- Record in a quiet room with no interruptions.
- Don't leave long silences at the beginning or end of the recording.
- Don't make reference to the file creation date/time, for example, "Hi, this is Mr. Smith, and it's 4:30 on Wednesday. Thanks for your hard work last month." By the time drivers access the file, a time reference may be confusing.
- Preview the recording before you upload it to verify the sound quality and volume.
- Scanned paper forms: ensure the scanner lens is clean and free of scratches.
- Training/company information: use a template with a page width of 5" and use large fonts. 16pt is recommended.
© 2018 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.