Best Practices for Creating Media Manager Content
Video files (WMV)
- Film in a quiet environment with no interruptions.
- If filming a speaker, have the speaker wear a microphone for best audio results.
- Test the playability and quality of the video by playing it through Windows Media Player on your computer.
Audio files (MP3, OGG, or WMA)
- Record in a quiet room with no interruptions.
- Don't leave long silences at the beginning or end of the recording.
- Don't make reference to the file creation date/time, for example, "Hi, this is Mr. Smith, and it's 4:30 on Wednesday. Thanks for your hard work last month." By the time drivers access the file, a time reference may be confusing.
- Preview the recording before you upload it to verify the sound quality and volume.
- Scanned paper forms: ensure the scanner lens is clean and free of scratches.
- Training/company information: use a template with a page width of 5" and use large fonts. 16pt is recommended.