Hours of Service, also referred to as HOS, is an Omnitracs compliance web application that gives office staff visibility to driver hours. This includes on duty, driving, sleeper berth, personal conveyance (if enabled), and off duty time that each driver logs manually or is automatically captured on the vehicle. Log data is then run through a HOS rules engine that checks the driver's compliance with hours of service regulations applicable to that driver which could include the US, Canada, or intrastate rules in Texas, California, Florida, and Alaska.
With HOS you can:
- View driver's available driving time to assign loads to driver with available hours,
- Monitor driver compliance by viewing near real-time information on driver screens and running reports
- Monitor the mobile unit to recognize when data is not up to date due to a problem (e.g., sensor failure)
- Log out drivers who forgot to log out,
- Correct driver hours and send them to drivers for approval,
- Assign unassigned driving (when driving segments are captured but no driver was logged in at that time)
- Set up HOS web application host users, drivers, vehicles, depots, groups, and system settings and defaults,
- And enable integration with back office software.