Groups are used to segregate your fleet when you run reports in HOS. Most reports are run against drivers, so we’ll create a driver group.
Because you can’t delete drivers from the HOS application, you need a way to hide inactive drivers when you run reports. You should create at least two driver groups- one for active drivers and one for terminated or inactive drivers.
To create a driver group:
- Click the Administration tab; then click Group.
- Ensure Driver group is selected. In the drop-down lists, select Global Groups for the Depot and New Group for the Group.
- Type your group name.
- If you created drivers, they appear in the Available members list. Select a driver, then click Add. You can select multiple drivers at one time by holding the CTRL key while selecting driver names.
- When you are done selecting members, click Save.
- You can create a group for your inactive drivers just as you did for your active drivers.
To create a vehicle group, select Vehicle group and follow the same steps.