Hardware Requirements and Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports the following and higher MCNs:
- CV90-JC339-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
- CA90-JE045-1xx, -2xx
- CV90-JE045-1xx, -2xx
- CA90-JC339-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 220.127.116.11
- VIOP 18.104.22.168
- WEC2013 OS (OS 53)
- 3G units (UAs 108000000 - 108499999) are compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OS33 or higher.
- LTE units (UA 108500000 or higher) are compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OS50 or higher.
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. Both the firmware and the operating system are available for download on the Omnitracs Customer Portal (on the Support page, click Firmware/OS and refer to the Installation and Troubleshooting Guide).
Features and Enhancements
The following are new features or enhancements to existing features available in this release.
Gemalto Firmware Update
The Gemalto firmware now supports GPS date rollover and is REQUIRED for ALL 3G IVG units.
Operating System - DA0946R only
This operating system upgrade is recommended for all IVGs to provide critical stability and performance enhancements.
- IVGs running Operating System 43 and above will automatically upgrade to OS53 as part of this update, but may require 1-2 additional reboots in order to complete the operating system upgrade.
- IVGs running an Operating System below 43 REQUIRE a manual USB stick upgrade to OS53. This is a CRITICAL manual upgrade.
- The firmware supports IVGs with either an LTE- or 3G-modem
- IVGs with UAs beginning with 1085 (LTE hardware)
- Have an enhanced capacitive digitizer/touchscreen that is more sensitive to touch. The new screens may not work with gloves that are not intended for use with capacitive touch screens
- Communicate on the LTE network and must install 9x firmware or later
- The IVG now sends a reefer status report on a customer-defined schedule
- Various bug fixes and performance optimizations reduce the IVG reset frequency.
Vehicle Inspection Report
Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP)
OTAP for Cummins engines allows vehicles with MY2017 Cummins engines and newer to update the engine's ECU to the most up-to-date engine software
Omnitracs Navigation updates are detailed in the Omnitracs Navigation release notes and the driver-facing on-board support system.
Weigh Station Bypass
The Weigh Station Bypass was updated to version 2.0.1 and the bypass function was improved.
NaviGo™ Navigation powered by Verizon Connect
NaviGo™ Navigation powered by Verizon Connect has improved stability and the “Please wait” screen no longer freezes when launching on the IVG.
Hours of Service
Hours of Service has been optimized for better performance.
Critical Event Video
- 650 SD card support enhanced
- 750 Camera support added
Known Issues - Hours of Service
- Light duty vehicles may show extra ELD malfunction errors.
- A false passenger violation might be reported when the co-driver logs off-duty time following a sleeper of 8 hours or more. This can occur if the vehicle moves during the off-duty but stops prior to the 2 hour off-duty maximum allowed in a moving vehicle.
* The Global Positioning System (GPS) uses a week-number field stored as a 10-bit binary number for a total of 1024 weeks. GPS week-zero started on Jan 6, 1980 and the first week-counter rolled over on August 21, 1999. The GPS week-counter will reset again in November 2019.
© 2019 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.