Hardware Requirements, Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports MCN CV90-JC339-100 and higher and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 3.6.00
- VIOP 3.4.00
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. For stick upgrades, refer to the IVG Installation and Troubleshooting Guide for instructions.
Compatibility with Windows WEC2013 Operating System (OS) OT33 or higher.
This release of the Omnitracs Intelligent Vehicle Gateway (IVG) includes the following enhancements:
- Critical Event Video – View triggered and requested videos from you fleet wirelessly, in near real-time at the lowest cost, leveraging Omnitracs services already in your fleet.
- Whitelist WiFi – Built-in WiFi radio allows you to connect to secure networks by loading network credentials into the customer portal. (This is not currently supporting open Wi-Fi.)
- HTM5 Web Browser – Extends the office to the cab by providing drivers access to fleet-approved websites.
- Installation Form – The installation form is now an electronic form on the IVG.
Fixes and Updates
IVG bag units for Canada (CA90-JC339-2) are now set to GSM network mode by default.
Drop-down menus in HOS no longer remain open after the vehicle goes into motion.
Intelligent Voice Interface (IVI)
Intelligent Voice Interface no longer intermittently get stuck where no voice inputs are accepted. IVI button shows as active.
- Copilot no longer attempts to get GPS when the IVG doesn't have a GPS fix when the application first launches.
- The latest revision of ALK Nav - CoPilot Truck. 126.96.36.1999 is included in this release.
The CER onboard support topic now displays correctly.
Trailer Number now auto-populates when sending a scanned page.
In the event of a hard reboot (NVRAM), the reboot time has been reduced. A NVRAM will require re-pairing the camera with the unit.
Text and Macro Messaging
When starting up after the ignition is turned on, the IVG no longer alerts “one un-read message waiting” in the inbox when there are none.
The Multiple Arrival selection now displays after “multiple arrivals” are triggered for consecutive stops.
User Interface (UI) – General
- A white or black screen may be displayed when an IVG unit reboots. Impact: Driver must reset the IVG using the hard reset button.
- IVGs occasionally get stuck on the Omnitracs splash screen and doesn't launch applications. Impact: Unit freezes, driver must reset the IVG using the hard reset button.
For details on the Omnitracs Navigation application, see the Omnitracs Navigation External Release Notes.
- The spoken turn by turn directions in ALK sometimes stops working. Impact: Driver must reset the IVG using the hard reset button.
- The estimated time of arrival (ETA) calculated by CoPilot is not accurate. Impact: Driver needs to be aware, no workaround.
- OT Nav does not have an accurate list of cities in Quebec. Impact: Drivers traveling in Quebec need to be aware that the cities show on the IVG are inaccurate.
The metric calculation for odometer in Performance Monitoring is incorrect. Impact: Driver needs to be aware, no workaround.
System, Performance, and Stability
- Drivers may see an OS error pop-up. Impact: Driver must close the popup.
- Long power dips result in a longer time to restart. Impact: May result in longer boot times.
- Device can get stuck on help menu pages and drivers aren’t able to navigate to the home page or previous pages. Impact: Driver temporarily may not be able to leave help pages.
- A VIR Exception occurs while performing the OTA install from DA0146R to DA0211R and the VIR report was lost. Workaround: Run another report.