Hardware Requirements, Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports MCN CV90-JC339-100 and higher and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 126.96.36.199
- VIOP 02.007
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. For stick upgrades, refer to the IVG Installation and Troubleshooting Guide for instructions.
Compatibility with Windows WEC2013 Operating System (OS) OT31 or higher.
This release of the IVG includes the following enhancements:
- Cross-border Support – Omnitracs now supports a smooth transition between telecommunication carriers when drivers cross the US/Canadian border.
- Intelligent Voice Interface (IVI) – IVI responds to additional commands including:
- Read Message
- Miles per Gallon
- Next Turn (for Omnitracs Navigation only)
- Omnitracs Navigation – Omnitracs Navigation is a responsive truck navigation app that provides best-in-class on-board navigation, customized maps, and high-speed software updates. See the Omnitracs Navigation User Guide for more detail.
- Onboard Support – Updated for new features and applications. Have drivers tap Driver Training on the second IVG screen to get support on products and to see what’s new in the firmware release.
- Weigh Station Bypass – Omnitracs Weigh Station Bypass, provided by Drivewyze Preclear, rewards carriers for their hard-earned safety scores by allowing trucks to bypass weigh stations and inspection sites so they can get to their destinations more quickly and painlessly.
- Trailer Tracks Connects / Disconnects and Refrigeration Information – See the Trailer Tracks Help System or Installation and Diagnostic Guide for more detail.
IVG bag units for Canada (CA90-JC339-2) are now set to GSM network mode by default.
Drop-down menus in HOS no longer remain open after the vehicle goes into motion.
Intelligent Voice Interface (IVI)
Intelligent Voice Interface may intermittently get stuck where no voice inputs are accepted. IVI button shows as active.
- Copilot no longer attempts to get GPS when the IVG doesn't have a GPS fix when the application first launches.
- The latest revision of ALK Nav - CoPilot Truck. 188.8.131.522 is included in this release.
The CER onboard support topic now displays correctly.
Trailer Number now auto-populates when sending a scanned page.
- The reboot time is improved after an NVRAM reset.
- IVGs no longer wake up with Hardwire Ignition while Ignition sense is enabled (with no RPM or voltage change).
Text and Macro Messaging
When booting, the IVG no longer UI shows “one message waiting” in the inbox when there are none.
The Multiple Arrival selection now displays after “multiple arrivals” are triggered for consecutive stops.
User Interface (UI) – General
- A white or black screen may be displayed when an IVG unit reboots. Impact: driver needs to reboot the system.
- IVGs occasionally get stuck on the Omnitracs splash screen and doesn't launch applications. Impact: Unit freezes, driver must reboot.
For details on the Omnitracs Navigation application, see the Omnitracs Navigation External Release Notes.
- The spoken turn by turn directions sometimes stops working. Impact: Driver must reset the IVG using the hard reset button.
- The estimated time of arrival (ETA) calculated by CoPilot is not accurate. Impact: Driver needs to be aware, no workaround.
Driver help intermittently shows a blank screen. Impact: Onboard support may not be available.
System, Performance, and Stability
- The WiFi icon displays on the home screen, but WiFi is unavailable for web browsing or Omnitracs applications.
- Omnitracs is planning on making the installation form an electronic form on the IVG. You may see the button on the Diagnostics screen, but it is not fully operational.
- IVG does not have an accurate list of cities in Quebec. Impact: Drivers traveling in Quebec need to be aware that the cities show on the IVG are inaccurate.
- Drivers may see an OS error pop-up. Impact: Driver must close the popup.