We are pleased to announce that the Omnitracs IVG DA1257R release is available.
This release includes new features, enhancements, and software corrections.
New Features and Enhancements
The new features and enhancements section describes the changes included in the IVG release.
Enhanced Network Message Communication Protocol
Changes in the backend system will balance the volume of messages on the server to improve communication performance that improve system reliability.
Initially, only Hours of Service (HOS) and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) will be part of this enhanced architecture, but more applications will make use of it and benefit from the improved performance over time.
The applications that will be supported by this new architecture are:
- DVIR Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- HOS Hours of Service
- WMC Workflow Management Center
- EFuel Exact Fuel
- CER Critical Event Reporting
*Note: This is not the definitive order in which the applications will be supported, but a list of all the applications for which the communication will be improved.
Fax Email Request on the Mobile App
- A change was made to the Fax Email request on the Mobile App. The Fax option was replaced with an option to select the format of the log to allow the driver to request AOBRD or ELD Format. This will send the appropriate log based on the operating zone selected.
Drop down Name is Log Format
Drop down options are
Malfunction and Diagnostic Clear events will clear 24 hours from the time they occurred
The Malfunction Clear event process clears events 24 hours from the time they occurred in Canadian and U.S. ELD.
Mobile Malfunction Alerts Comply with Canadian and US Standards
All Malfunction Alert warnings are available in Canadian French to comply with the Canadian ELD Requirements.
New device installations default to ELD on startup
When a unit is installed, on startup ELD Mode is enabled as the default.
Off Duty Deferral allows the driver to adjust the amount of time deferred
A new field is displayed in the CDA Aux Event return message that displays the suggested duration of the deferral, and what the driver deferred.
Off Duty Deferral Day 1
The Driver UI for Off Duty Deferral Day 1 has been updated to enable the driver to reduce the amount of time deferred to day 2.
- A button was added on the current Day 1 called Edit Time Deferred.
- When the button is selected, a date picker (HH:MM) is available. The date picker will show the Maximum amount of off duty time the driver is allowed to defer to day 2.
- A notice will display, "The duration of time indicated in the time deferred, is the maximum amount of time aloud to be deferred to Day 2. Select the date picker to reduce amount of off duty time needed to be deferred."
Off Duty Deferral Day 2
The Driver screen for Off Duty Deferral Day 2 has been updated to enable the driver to reduce the amount of time deferred to day 2.
- A button was added on the current Day 2 called Edit Time Deferred.
The driver can change the amount to defer.
- The last value selected in the DateTimePicker will be used to record the Off Duty Deferral Event. The value is displayed in Inspector view, header view, and return message in the portal.
- Clocks are not modified when the time picker changes.
Power, Engine Sync, Position Malfunctions, and Unidentified Driving Diagnostics Events now use a sliding 24-hour window instead of the Driver’s Day
- Power, Engine Sync, Position Malfunctions and Unidentified Driving Diagnostics Events now use a sliding 24-hour window instead of the drivers Day.
Team Drivers can swap Driving between Co-drivers
- New functionality that unlocks events and updates the On Duty Status to Active after the Co-driver has Accepted their requested swaps.
The lock occurs locally when the driver requests a lock, then that local lock is released when that swap appears in their logs as pending and the functionality is no longer locally locked. It remains unavailable until they no longer have driving swaps pending on their unit meaning both drivers have addressed it.
If the co-driver rejected any of the swaps, then we keep the rejected driving events active and update the On Duty Status to Rejected Inactive.
If a swap request fails in the Host, we unlock the events for editing to allow the driver to re-request a swap.
- In the event that the Driving swap request fails due to a pre-existing driving condition, the mobile App will unlock the swap function for the driver.
- The Will Pair feature is enabled on the vehicle and driver level. When the vehicle does not have a sleeper berth, the driver is not allowed to use sleeper berth when in the vehicle.
The mobile App's FW message notifies the driver that they are disabled from using Will Pair because the admin disabled the feature for the driver, or the truck doesn't have a sleeper berth.
The Will Pair setting will not get overwritten by the Host if it's missing the Will Pair extension and both drivers will be updated properly when the vehicle gets disabled/enabled for Will Pair. The Mobile App for the Co-Driver will now update properly as well.
Unidentified Driver no longer splits into a manual driving event
- Unidentified driver no longer splits into manual driving on Ignition off, logged in drivers still work the same.
Will Pair Sleeper Berth Enhancements
- When a driver checks or unchecks the Will Pair SB option on the status tab, a message is sent to the host to document the change.
- The Driver does not have the ability to use Will Pair Sleeper Berth when the vehicle does not have a Sleeper Berth. This ensures that they are not using optimistic clocks when they do not apply.
- The driver screen will display or hide the Will Pair Sleeper Berth feature when appropriate, to prevent the driver from selecting the feature. For example:
- Hides the Will Pair checkbox when the driver/vehicle is not enabled for Will Pair.
- Hides the Will Pair checkbox when the driver is logged in and has not received logs. When the user receives logs, the Will pair checkbox is displayed.
- A driver notification is sent when a back-end user disables the driver's ability to use the Will Pair SB feature.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue on the Canadian Header screen where fields were truncated when using the French-Canadian version.
- Terminology is now more consistent on various screens and prompts when referring to a truck, tractor or vehicle which are referring to the same thing, which is what ELD refers to as the Power Unit Number.
- In several Hours of Service related screens, the Radio Button's background color now matches the page.
- Manual Driving is now enabled by default.
- When the customer fails to enter a DOT #, the field will be blank in the eRODS file for FMCSA. We no longer auto populate the field with 9999999.
|Work Item Number||Issue||Component|
|OHOS-8624||Fixed an issue in the Status screen when the driver selects the "Will Pair SB" (Sleeper Berth) checkbox. The user closes the pop up and tries to unselect checkbox using a single click which fails. The user needed two clicks to unselect checkbox.||IVG|
|OHOS-9281||Fixed an issue where the App was unable to obtain the location. The alert was displayed multiple times instead of once.||IVG|
|OHOS-9709||Fixed an issue where a driver without Off-duty Deferral has the Will Pair Sleeper Berth Message disabled. It should be enabled.||IVG|
|OHOS-6575||Fixed an issue where a driver logged out as Off Duty but was placed On Duty right after.||IVG|
|OHOS-7971||Fixed an issue where two different statuses had the same start time.||IVG|
|OHOS-8336||When a driver that is enabled for Oil Well and needs to terminate the Personal Conveyance condition, the Oil Well radio button was disabled (greyed out) instead of hidden. This is fixed.||IVG|
|OHOS-8499||Fixed an issue where the Personal Conveyance return messages had inconsistent data for location.||IVG|
|OHOS-8628||Fixed an issue where the driver received a message, Please Login a Driver, when one of the two drivers logs out.||IVG|
|OHOS-8629||Fixed an issue where an inactive user was able to open the Hours of Service App without entering a password.||IVG|
|OHOS-8634||Fixed a usability issue when adding a Vehicle ID to use the same method for both U.S. and Canada.||IVG|
|OHOS-8694||Fixed an issue when a Position Malfunction or Missing Data Diagnostic (Geolocation and Lat & Long) occurs on the Mobile Device did not utilize the Text-To-Speech (TTS) auditory alert to notify the driver.||IVG|
|OHOS-8712||Fixed as issue for border points separating Maine from New Brunswick. The internal rejection alert text was modified to refer to the driver's ruleset and not the physical departed jurisdiction.||IVG|
|OHOS-9070||Fixed an issue in the Host where the driver is not able to modify the location using the mobile device after modifying the location manually for an auto driving event with an unknown location.||IVG|
|OHOS-9088||Fixed an issue when a driver requested an eRODS file that did not complete the process. Additional eRODS file requests were assigned to the same driver that requested the failed initial failed request. This condition persisted until the first request is complete.||IVG|
|OHOS-9120||Fixed an issue where the Spanish text for an ELDMalfunction prompt was incorrect.||IVG|
|OHOS-9158||Fixed an issue where the driver received a split sleeper pairing denial which is a violation.||IVG|
|OHOS-9186||Fixed an issue where the Host 14-hour clock was showing the incorrect time.||IVG|
|OHOS-9228||Fixed an issue when the Driver logs out before the "Unable to send eRODS..." alert arrives, the alert does not include the Driver ID.||IVG|
|OHOS-9311||When the driver enters the Status Edit Screen by clicking the Edit button on an Operating Zone Change (OZC) then edits the OZC, this action prevents the driver from editing a missing Power Unit Number (PUN) on the second attempt to edit the OZC.||IVG|
|OHOS-936||Fixed an issue where the Mobile Device was trimming more data than the expected for a diluted location.||IVG|
|OHOS-9400||Fixed an issue when the driver enters the Edit Duty Status screen to edit an Operating Zone change record, the Next button is enabled even if the record has not yet been edited.||IVG|
|OHOS-9413||ELD Driver Log Report - Accumulated Miles odometer reading had a value that was outside of the start/end odometer range.||IVG|
|OHOS-9418||Fixed an issue where the Mobile App graph shows Off Duty status. However, the Host graph and log details show driving status for same duration.||IVG|
|OHOS-943||Fixed an issue when a Driving Swap from an active driver to an inactive driver occurred. The Carrier Edit page would display the expected results, however when returning to the active driver the Carrier Edit page did not update.||IVG|
|WIN-31877||Fixed an issue where the Mobile App did not send a connection event when connecting to a Trailertracs unit.||IVG|
|WIN-44530||Fixed an issue where there was an invalid value for Accumulated Miles since Ignition On Status resulted in recurring Missing Data Diagnostics.||IVG|
|WIN-44585||Fixed an issue where the USA Report did not display the company name in the same way that the Canada report displayed it. This also applies to English, French and Spanish.||IVG|
|WIN-44589||Fixed an issue where a submitted scanned message was resent after rebooting the Mobile Device.||IVG|
|WIN-44503||Fixed an issue where the VIN allows lower case letters. All letters are now upper case.||VDS|