Every vehicle is required to be assigned a coverage, which can be a user or group of users (address list). Messages sent from a vehicle are sent to its assigned coverage.
If you have a small fleet and do not need a coverage, Omnitracs recommends you create a user and name it "Fleet" or "All Users" and assign it as the coverage for all your vehicles.
- Identify the vehicles and coverage assignment. Determine what address lists you need to create. Adjust user roles as necessary.
- Create address lists:
- Click Select Other at the top of the page and click QTRACS.
- Click Setup. The Set Up Address Lists page opens.
- Click Create Address List and complete the information, adding users from the right to the Users in list box.
- Click Save.
- Create the Coverage:
- Click Coverages.
- Click Create Coverage.
- Enter the User ID or Address List that will serve as the coverage. Click the magnifying glass button to see a list of users or address lists to select from.
- Click Add Vehicles.
- Enter the vehicle ID in the text field or click the magnifying glass button to see a list of vehicles to select from.
- Click Add.
- Repeat as necessary to add additional vehicles. You must add vehicles one by one.
Note: If you installed any mobile units prior to creating coverages, you will need to manually edit the coverage for each vehicle a mobile unit was installed in.