Important! Following these steps will result in all user data on the IVG to be removed. DO NOT disrupt power or remove the USB stick during the upgrade process; doing so will cause the unit to be inoperable.
Note: Unplug printer before beginning the OS upgrade. The printer may be plugged back in after the upgrade is complete.
- Log all drivers off the IVG (all data will be lost).
- With the IVG powered up, insert the IVG Unified OS Installer stick into the USB port on the right side of the unit. Within about 45 seconds, a screen showing columns Current and New will display.
Note: The IVG will reboot itself several times during this process.
- The IVG Installer Stick will not automatically load the latest OS and application files; you must select the OS, applications, and map for the upgrade. (If selecting a map, be aware that all other maps will be deleted except the one selected). Tap Install at the bottom of the screen, then tap OK on the installation process pop-up to begin the upgrade (typically takes up to 60 minutes).
- Once all steps have been completed and each item displays a checkmark, a pop-up will display saying that the installation is completed. Tap OK to close.
Note: This usually takes 30-45 seconds to complete.
- Perform a System Verification via the System/Diag/RUN ALL function.