Vehicles: View One Vehicle
This Vehicles page displays a history of one vehicle's duty status events. The data changes each time the driver sends a status change, and may occur while you are viewing the page. To view current information, press F5.
Use the page to find and fix duty status segments that have no driver or co-driver assigned. You can undo incorrectly assigned driving time if necessary.
- Vehicle information
- At the top you see the following:
- Your company's vehicle ID and the vehicle UA (Comm Unit Number)
- The date and time of the last message from the vehicle
- The driver(s) currently logged in
- A vehicle alias, if your HOS data is integrated with another system, such as a dispatch system
- Filter Vehicles
- If you chose filters on the Vehicles page, the filters are checked on this detail page. Check or clear the check boxes to view assignable events, define a date range, then click Go.
- Unassigned Driving Events: Lists vehicles with duty status records where there is no active driver logged in and the vehicle was moving. Whether or not the box is checked, the number of unassigned driving events appears below.
- Unknown Driver Events: Lists vehicles with duty status records and notes created by a driver whose authentication failed (such as a bad driver ID or password) and the vehicle was moving or while authentication was pending (for example, the vehicle was out of coverage or had an antenna problem). Whether or not the box is checked, the number of unknown driver events appears below.
- Within Date Range: Displays the date last used. Click the calendar icon to select a From and To date.
- Comm Unit History
- Click Comm Unit History to see whether this vehicle (vehicle ID) ever had a different mobile unit (Comm Unit Number or UA) assigned to it. The current unit assignment is not listed because it is displayed above.
- Duty Status list
- The list includes all duty status records for all drivers of this vehicle based on the specified filters and date range. When you select a check box, driver assignment buttons become active and similar duty status records are highlighted and available.
- Look in the Driver column to help determine what driver to assign to the duty segment. For example, if the driver attempted to login and the login failed or was pending when it was recorded, you can see name and ID that the driver entered.
- Duty Status: The reported HOS duty status, for example, Driving.
- Duration: The length of time the duty status lasted.
- Position: The vehicle's location at the start of the duty status.
- Driver and Co-Driver: Click the linked text to open the Driver Details page. You may see one of these icons:
Icon Title Description Unassigned No active driver was logged in. Unknown (Last Name, First Name [driver ID]?) Driver entered a known driver ID with an incorrect password. HOS recognizes the driver ID, but it may not be the driver who tried to log in. Unknown ([driver ID]?) Driver is not set up in HOS, or the driver ID was entered incorrectly. The driver ID that was entered is listed to help identify the driver. Last Name, First Name [driver ID] A formerly Unassigned Driving Event that is now assigned to a driver. Last Name, First Name [driver ID] A formerly Unknown Driver Event that is now assigned to a driver. No Driver (ASSIGNED: reason) A formerly Unassigned Driving Event that is now assigned to No Driver. No Driver (ASSIGNED: reason) A formerly Unknown Driver Event that is now assigned to No Driver.