When drive time accumulates on a vehicle that's not associated with a driver ID, you can credit that time to a driver or assign no driver (e.g., when maintenance is driving a vehicle in the yard). These unknown or unassigned driving events are generated if no driver logs in and drives or the driver mistyped their login.
From here you can view those driving events and identify vehicles that had their unassigned or unknown driving events credited to drivers.
- Click the Vehicles tab.
- Select the way to list vehicles from the first filter (All, Depot, Vehicle Group, Vehicle, or Search).
- If only looking for records with no driver assigned, check the box to display only vehicles with Unassigned Driving Events, Unknown Driving Events, and/or Assigned Driving Events.
- Select the date range to include.
- Click the Go button.
Depending on your filters, the list of vehicles that appears includes any vehicle with duty status records starting with the From date you defined in the date range. In the Assignable Events column, the number indicates how many events for that vehicle need to be assigned and the icon indicates the type of event. indicates there are Unassigned Driving Events. indicates there are Unknown Driver Events. If there are no assignable events, or all of the assignable events have been assigned, this field is blank.
- Click the tractor number to view duty status records on that vehicle.
The filters you assigned when viewing the Vehicles list are inherited to the list of duty status records you see refreshed on the Vehicle page. You can change them if desired, for example, to view only unassigned driving events.
- Click the checkbox next to an event you want to assign.
Other assignable events in the list that can be assigned at the same time are highlighted, and the checkbox disappears for all other events. Buttons also become active on the Assign/Reassign line with text that further describes the action(s) you can take.
- Check as many highlighted events as you want to assign to the same driver and/or co-driver.
- To assign a driver or co-driver, click the Driver/CoDriver button.
An assignment window appears with the driver radio button selected.
- To assign a co-driver, click the CoDriver radio button, or to assign a driver leave the Driver radio button selected.
- Search for and select a driver or co-driver by:
- Selecting a depot or driver group, and then selecting a driver from that group
- Typing the driver name or driver ID, and selecting the driver from the search results
- Selecting from a list of the most recent drivers (drivers on the vehicle within 7 days of the date range you specified).
The driver name and ID appear next to the Driver radio button
- Click the Save button.
The driver or co-driver is assigned to the duty status event and the event is removed from the unassigned duty status list. The unassigned driving or unknown driver icons appear dimmed, so their previous state is retained.
- To assign no driver, click the No Driver button.
The no driver reason window appears.
- Select a reason from the drop-down menu, or type a reason in the text field.
- Click Save.
The no-driver designation is applied to the duty status event and the event is removed from the unassigned duty status list. The unassigned driving or unknown driver icons appear dimmed, so their previous state is retained.
- To unassign an duty status event you previously assigned, select the record and click the Unassign button.
A pop-up window describes the time span of records that are affected by this change. This is to assist you in case there are additional records affected that you may want to edit instead of completing the unassignment.
- Click the Continue button.The driver or co-driver you previously assigned is removed.
Note: You can only unassign events that were assigned; driving time that was logged under a valid driver login must be edited if it needs correction.
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.