These release notes describe changes to the Omnitracs Critical Event Reporting (CER) host software scheduled for release in the late summer of 2016.
For previous release notes, click here.
System Requirements and Upgrade Information
Ensure Browser Loads Newest Version of Services Portal
It is highly recommended that you clear temporary Internet files before you log in for the first time after the upgrade. Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open your browser’s history control panel then check the box for temporary internet files or caches. Click delete or clear to confirm your choice then close and reopen your browser. This will ensure your browser is loading the newest version of the Services Portal pages. For more information about this process, including browser specific instructions, see the Omnitracs quick reference card on the subject.
Critical Event Video Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Request Video button would sometimes still display after a user unpaired a camera from a mobile unit.
- Fixed an issue where some customers were unable to use the Request Video function.
- Fixed an issue where the status icon was not updating properly in the incident list when the camera was disconnected from the mobile unit.
- Fixed an issue where the timestamp was not showing properly on the spark line for Lane Departure Warning incidents.
- Fixed an issue where the timestamps from videos were being converted to the wrong time zone in the Incident Details report. Times now correctly show as the time zone for the location where the incident occurred.
- Fixed an issue where users who used the direct link to an incident contained in a notification email were given the option to request video for vehicles that were not enabled for Critical Event Video.
- Fixed an issue where the User Request filter was not filtering properly when applied to email notifications.
- Fixed an issue where customers were unable to request video for hard braking events if hard braking was not enabled for automatic video download.
- Two additional video status icons have been added for the Video column of the Incident List. A grey play button icon () indicates that no video was returned with the incident and the tooltip when hovering over the icon is “No video recordings found for this event.” A half green and half white play button icon () indicates that video for the incident is still being received and when hovering over the icon the tooltip is “X of Y video segments available for this incident.” X is the number of files that have currently been received and Y is the total number of files expected.
Miscellaneous Enhancements and Bug Fixes
The time field in the incident summary report was updated to a 24 hour time format to more clearly identify when an incident occurred.
- Critical event incidents are displayed in the Incidents list and in reports in the time zone of the local computer accessing the information instead of using the company or user time zone settings from the Customer Portal or Services Portal.
- The sort function does not work properly when clicking the Occurred At column in the incident list.
- When trying to zoom in to the lowest level on the map, the map does not render completely.
- The play back error message shows up when a video is uploaded incorrectly, which may make it seem like video is available when it is not.
- The email notifications for completed/failed/not_available for prequel/sequel requests and custom requests lists all times in PDT regardless of user or company settings or location.
- When downloading a pdf report of any type (Driver Incident Count, Incident Summary, etc.), the file is named "reporting" instead of naming it by the type of report.
- When unpairing the camera from the MCP, the icon is not being updated to the red crossed out icon in the Critical Event Reporting application.
- The sort function does not work properly when clicking the Video column in the incident list.
- Stability Control events, Lane Departure Warning events, and Hard Braking events that are missing the speed are not being included with the Events with Video filter when the “I want all videos” option is selected even if those events have video.
© 2019 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.