Hardware Requirements and Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports the following and higher MCNs:
- CV90-JC339-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
- CA90-JE045-1xx, -2xx
- CV90-JE045-1xx, -2xx
- CA90-JC339-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 184.108.40.206
- VIOP 220.127.116.11
- 3G units (UAs 108000000–108499999) are compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OS33 or higher.
- LTE units (UA 108500000 or higher) are compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OS50 or higher.
Most upgrades are done over the air. The IVG firmware is available for download on the Omnitracs Customer Portal. On the Support page, click Firmware/OS and refer to the Installation and Troubleshooting Guide.
Features and Enhancements
The following are new features or enhancements to existing features.
- Changes have been made to create a more unified look and feel across platforms.
- The HOS Fax/Email Request Sent screen has been enhanced so it is easier to read.
- The U.S. and Canadian city list has been expanded.
- Drivers can now use Yard Move when they are in Canada.
- A new feature allows the carrier to enable a 16-hour exception for individual drivers from the host.
- The wording on the Status tab message log notification has been updated to refer to certifying logs rather than approving logs.
Unassigned Driving Events
- The system now allows drivers to accept an Unassigned Driving Event as Personal Conveyance or Yard Move if they are enabled to use those statuses in the company settings.
- Users now receive an alert when unassigned driving cannot be assigned to a driver due to existing driving events.
- An additional certification screen has been added to clarify the certification of duty statuses that span several days.
- A prompt has been added to certify duty statuses on virtual days that are missing certification events.
- When new drivers use eRODS, they receive a warning to let them know the records will be sent to the FMCSA.
- Additional data has been captured to improve Hours of Service malfunction reporting in the HOS host.
- Additional data is now being captured for a new Rejected Unassigned Driving Report on the HOS host.
- The telematics device now captures more data to support upcoming enhancements to the Malfunction Report on the host.
Diagnostic and Malfunction Alerts
- The following improved malfunction alerts now instruct the driver to review and correct logs if necessary, and to use paper logs if a malfunction is hindering accurate recording:
- Power Malfunction
- Data Recording Malfunction
- Engine Sync Malfunction
- Improved Position Malfunction alerts now instruct drivers to add the location for the duty status when they are required to do so.
- Improved Timing Malfunction alerts now instruct the driver to use paper logs until the malfunction is corrected.
- A more intuitive alert for Data Diagnostics now includes the driver action required.
- HOS now blocks drivers from entering ASCII characters or Unicode.
- The ELD has been updated so that it no longer backdates a driving status to reflect when the vehicle started moving.
- The Certify tab has been updated to ensure the ribbon identifies the word Certified after the logs have been edited and certified by the driver.
- On the Certify tab, the left arrow button is no longer enabled for the first day of a log cycle.
- On the Certify tab, the counter that indicates the number of days certified now updates properly.
- Improvements have been made to the way Passenger rule violations are calculated in order to prevent false positives from being reported.
- Improvements have been made to the display on the HOS Info screen, making the carrier name easier to read if the driver operates with more than one carrier on the same day.
- On the Edit Log screen, the Exceptions drop-down list now includes the Oil Well wait exception when the status is Off-Duty or Sleeper Berth for drivers who are authorized for the Oil Well exception.
- The Graph tab has been improved to ensure that the full duty status name is displayed.
- Multiple changes have been made to the Graph tab to ensure that all platform displays are consistent.
- The header in the Day Log tab has been updated to reflect miles or kilometers, depending on the driver's operating mode.
- The Driver Details screen now correctly displays the city and province rather than the GPS coordinates for all locations.
- To allow carriers time to finish editing a log, the system now waits five minutes after the edit or until the Send Logs button is selected before it sends edits to the mobile.
- The Sensor Failure message has been updated to display correctly on the telematic device.
- The Duration field on the Edit tab now allows more characters to be displayed.
- The co-driver is no longer automatically transitioned to the Status screen when a driving event begins.
- An issue that on rare occasions caused diagnostic events not to clear without a reset has been resolved.
- Old AOBRD functionality that identified the driver as the co-driver of a UVA event if the driving occurred prior to login authentication has been removed.
- The telematics editing capabilities of Yard Move and Personal Conveyance have been modified to ensure the telematics editing of these statuses matches the host.
- The Malfunction Timer has been updated so it consistently resets at midnight.
- Performance enhancements have been made at start-up to reduce the number of Power Malfunctions reported.
- The Position Malfunction timer has been updated as follows:
- it pauses if no vehicle motion is detected
- it does not count time when the vehicle is not in motion
- The time zone is no longer displayed twice on the header.
- Co-drivers no longer have to re-enter their password when the vehicle stops the current driving event.
- Long co-driver names are now displayed properly on the Info screen.
- The screen display has been corrected so the driver selection drop-down no longer interferes with the view of the load information.
- Enhancements have been made to reduce screen lag time when the telematic device automatically transitions the driver to On Duty status.
- Some sensor failures no longer instruct drivers to use paper logs.
Known Issues - Hours of Service
The following are issues drivers may encounter as they use the IVG:
- Exempt drivers are prompted by Malfunctions and Diagnostics alerts after they log in successfully on a NVRAM cleared unit.
- The Missing Data Diagnostic prompt does not change the word "Status" to "Statuses" when there are two or more statuses to review.