Hardware Requirements and Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports the following MCNs: CV90-JC339-100, CV90-JC339-200, and CV90-JC339-300 and higher, and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 7.0
- VIOP 7.05
This firmware release is compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OT33 or higher.
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. Both the firmware and the operating system are available for download on the Omnitracs Customer Portal (on the Support page, click Firmware/OS) and refer to the Installation and Troubleshooting Guide.
Features and Enhancements
The features and enhancements listed here are available with this release.
- Printing is now supported from messaging and the Media Manager application when using the Brother PJ722, RJ4030, or RJ4030Ai printers.
- The IVG's onboard support is translated into Canadian French and Mexican Spanish.
- CER now supports Detroit Assurance P4 systems.
- Bendix Safety Direct connection is supported when using the correct hardware configuration.
- ELD diagnostic and malfunction alerts no longer display for IVGs set as AOBRDs. Events and notifications for sensor failures (GPS, odometer, and speedometer) are still displayed.
- Drivers using IVGs as AOBRDs do not see logged or cleared Alert Manager messages for ELD diagnostic or malfunction events
- After upgrading to OS43, the web browser now plays MP4s video files. To upgrade to the new operating system, contact your customer experience representative for this kit:
65-JE101-1 KIT, IVG UNIFIED OS 1.07, OS43, DA0709R, ALK 2017Q4, OTNAV 2017Q1, NAVIGO 2017Q1.
Below are fixes in this release for issues reported in the field.
During a USB upgrade, the splash screen now displays and a DOS command-line window no longer displays for a few seconds.
While in motion and accessing the text and macro messaging inbox through IVI, the in motion user interface no longer appears and the messages are read aloud as expected.
When adjusting the display brightness or volume while a video is playing, the video is no longer blacked out while adjusting the volume.
Navigo by Telogis
You may now install and use Bendix SafetyDirect if you use Navigo as your mapping/navigation application.
- A white or black screen no longer displays when the IVG reboots.
- IVGs no longer get stuck on the Omnitracs splash screen and don't launch applications.
Over-the-Air Software Upgrade
Out of Memory Conditions no longer lead to Type 5 Resets and drivers no longer encounter reboots for this issue.
Weigh Station Bypass
A black screen no longer overlays the driver warning screen intermittently.
The issues listed below are know to exist in this firmware release. If you experience issues beyond those listed, please contact customer support.
The estimated time of arrival (ETA) calculated by CoPilot is not accurate. Impact: Driver needs to be aware, no workaround.
Critical Event Video
- When the "distance to forward vehicle" information received from a Mobileye system is invalid, the IVG may flag false CER events.
- The CEV camera may stop recording video. Impact: With camera firmware 1.018 you need to power cycle the camera. With camera firmware 1.019 the camera recovers from the error and there will be a three to four minute gap in recording.
Hours of Service
- If the co-driver has a long name, it is truncated in the driver picklist.
- When newly-created drivers certify their logs for the first time, the IVG may inaccurately indicate that they still need to certify their logs.
- Both the driver and co-driver may be recorded as in the Driving duty status if the co-driver logs in and the wheels turn immediately thereafter.
- When two drivers are logged in and the IVG reboots, if both drivers log out from the splash screen; then two new drivers log in at the splash screen, one of the previous drivers may remain logged in and only one of the new drivers is logged in.
- While in inspector mode, incorrect data may display for accumulated miles and accumulated engine hours associated with certification events.
- The on-screen keyboard sometimes displays instead of the "Load Information is Required" prompt after the driver taps the "Enter Loads Info" button. Impact: The driver must minimize the keyboard; then click "Enter Load Info" again.
- If the IVG is restarted while trying to send a scanned image, the message may be deleted from the outbox and not sent to the host system.
- A negative message ID is sometimes generated when sending a scan.
- The IVG reboots when trying to open large PDF files (several hundred pages). Impact: Drivers cannot open large files sent through Media Manager.
- Occasionally alert bubbles do not appear on the Media Manager application icon. Impact: Driver will be alerted by other alerts from the device.
- Media Manager consumed time is not updated when an audio file is listed to while on the in motion screen. Impact: Consumed time may be incorrect.
- Sometimes the database doesn't sync after the IVG downloads a delivery.
- If a unit is reset while out of WiFi coverage and it needs to download deliveries flagged as WiFi Only, some terrestrial deliveries are not downloaded.
Sometimes an error is generated when a driver replies to a message that has a field with a value that's selected from a pick list (like state).
Bluetooth connection pop-ups from OS are not suppressed. Impact: Driver must close the pop-ups.
- If navigation is running when ignition is turned on, Omnitracs Navigation may cover the driver warning screen for a few seconds. Impact: None.
- See the Omnitracs Navigation release notes for more details.
Tire Pressure Monitoring
When the driver gives the voice command “Tire Status” to the IVG, the reply contains inaccuracies.
IVGs on firmware version DA0419R running the VIR application will experience an issue after the DA0709R upgrade where the last submitted inspection report is deleted from the IVG. This one-time occurrence is exclusive to the DA0419R to DA0709R upgrade. Inspection reports are only deleted from the IVG - the host retains submitted inspection reports.
- When launching the web browser with navigation running, the driver sees the Navigation screen briefly while the web browser is opening. Impact: Navigation is briefly visible while the web browser is launching.
- Sometimes when scrolling past a video, the video restarts.
If CEV is enabled, Wi-Fi cannot be used by any other application.