Here are some key things to keep in mind when you install the SmartDrive Protect Device into your vehicle.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT & INSTALLATION QUESTIONS
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7am to 7pm CT
Phone: 800-541-7490 (Option 2 then Option 6)
SMARTDRIVE PROTECT - INSTALLATION BEST PRACTICES
Best practice instructions define steps that improve the quality of the install and operation of the SmartDrive Protect device.
Use this link to access this information.
Following these simple guidelines will ensure you’ll get the best performance from your new SmartDrive Protect device.
These guidelines are not intended to take the place of your responsibilities to follow applicable laws, to maintain undistracted, safe, and alert driving behavior, and to rely on your own judgment and attention.
- Keep the warranty terms associated with your vehicles in mind when installing the device
- Comply with applicable laws when installing the device
- Install and operate the SmartDrive Protect device according to its specifications
- Install the device to reduce the risk of dislodging, impeding your view or a driver’s view of the road, distracting you or a driver’s attention, or obstructing the safety of the vehicle, including airbag deployment
- Mount the SmartDrive Protect device on your vehicle’s windshield (such as the top center of the windshield in an area without reflective coating or tint) so you don’t obstruct the capabilities of the device’s operation nor impede reception of the GPS information
- Ensure that the lenses of the SmartDrive Protect device camera are not obstructed or placed near reflective objects which can impede video recording quality and in-vehicle alerting
- Using the controls on the SmartDrive Protect device while the vehicle is in motion may distract or impede you or your driver’s ability to control the vehicle
The SmartDrive Protect device has been tested and certified to meet the applicable limits for radio frequency exposure and other emissions as set forth by the Federal Communications Commission.