Note: Depending on settings, some information and features may not be available.
The Circle of Service guides you through your day. Depending on the type of service you are performing, you will have different tasks available in your Circle of Service. Along with your trip tasks, you can also see information about the stop you are working with and you can add additional tasks in your Circle of Service. The information below covers a typical Circle of Service for the first stop on your trip.
Notes: Tasks may be named differently, depending on how your organization has them set up.
If you use navigation, each time you depart a stop your navigation application opens and provides directions. To return to Omnitracs Drive, use your mobile device's Back button. You will only auto navigate if you are using ALK Copilot, Omnitracs Navigation, Google Maps, or Waze.
Starting the Trip
Press the first stop on the map, press the next task icon, or choose Open from the Stop menu in Planner view, to open the Circle of Service.
Note: There may be optional tasks displayed in the Circle of Service. If you need to perform one at the stop, press the task to start it.
- Press Start to begin the trip.
Note: If you need to confirm the truck assigned to the trip, press Confirm on the Confirm Assigned Truck window. If you want to change the truck assigned, enter the truck's ID and press Confirm.
- To start the trip, press Yes on the Start window. Your current duty status displays.
Note: If you are not ready to start the trip, press No. Press Yes when you are ready to start the trip.
- To change your Duty Status, press the Change Driver HOS Duty Status to: arrow and choose your updated status from the options that display. If necessary, you can edit the HOS Log Notation.
- Press Done to complete the Start task. Your Circle of Service displays.
Completing a Pre-Trip Inspection
The Start section of the Circle of Service shows as complete and you are able to proceed to the next task on the trip. This task may be called something other than Pre-Trip Inspection, such as DVIR.
- Press Pre-Trip Inspection to open the Pre-Trip task.
- If an asset is assigned to the trip, it displays on the screen.
Notes: If an asset is not assigned to the trip or you need to change the asset, press the edit icon beside the asset. To remove the assigned asset, press the X beside the assigned asset. To add an asset, enter the Asset ID. Available assets display in the list and filter to your entry as characters are entered. Choose the + next to the asset you want to add. Add all assets and then press Continue. If the asset is not found in the list of available assets, you have the option to add it as an unverified asset. You must choose an asset type from the list for your unverified asset.
- If prompted, enter the current mileage for the asset.
- If prompted, enter the License Plate Number and the City and State/Province of the asset you are inspecting.
Note: The License Plate Number and City and State/Province fields may be automatically filled in with this information.
- If prompted, press Yes to view the previous inspection. The Inspection Summary screen displays with information about who performed the inspection and when,, as well as the summary and defects found. Press X to close the Inspection Summary screen and return to the Pre-Trip screen.
Note: If you don't want to see the previous inspection, press No.
- For each inspection category, press the arrow to expand the available inspection points and check all points that apply, to indicate a defect. You can press the camera icon to attach a picture of the defect, You can also press the Note icon to attach a note to the defect. If pictures and/or notes are required, the icons display red. Required items must be included before you can complete the Pre-Trip task.
- If no defects were found, check the Confirm no defects were found box.
- If a defect is checked, you are prompted to verify that the asset is safe to operate. Press Yes.
Note: If the asset is not safe to operate, press No and contact the appropriate individuals.
- If prompted, perform a Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) inspection and check the box to indicate that it has been completed. Drive will collect the location at which you checked the box and automatically populate the Inspection Location field.
- Press Sign to capture a signature.
Note: If you have already created a signature on this device, you can use a previous signature. Press Yes when prompted or press No to collect a new signature.
- Use your finger to sign your name on the screen.
- Press Continue to save your signature .
Note: To erase your signature and start again, press Clear. To close the signature box, press Cancel.
- Enter your name, using the keyboard, in the Name field that pops up.
Note: To return to the signature capture box, press Back.
- Press Done to save your name and return to the Pre-Trip screen.
- The signature is displayed on the screen with your name, trip number, GPS location, and the date and time that the signature was captured.
- Press Done to complete the Pre-Trip task.
Note: To close the task without saving, press Cancel.
- Press the X at the top of the screen to close the Pre-Trip task. Your Circle of Service displays.
Departing the First Stop
The Pre-Trip section of the Circle of Service shows as complete and you are able to proceed to the next task in your Circle of Service.
- Press Depart to open the Depart task.
- Information for the next planned stop displays. Review the address, appointment time, and the estimated time of arrival. You can adjust the departure date and time, if necessary. You can also review your current HOS Duty Status.
To change the Departure Date, press the calendar icon and choose the correct date of departure.
To change the Departure Time, press the clock icon and choose the correct time of departure.
- To complete the Depart task, press Done. The Map view displays.
The first stop shows as complete on the map.
If you have Navigation set up with Drive, you will be re-directed to the Navigation application to get directions to the next stop.
After you have completed the Circle of Service for starting a trip, you are ready to move on and service the stops on your trip.
Phases of Your Circle of Service
For information about finding stop information, manually adding tasks, and optional tasks in your Circle of Service, see Working with the Circle of Service.
For information on what you see in the Circle of Service while you are servicing the stops on your trip, see Servicing Stops on Your Trip.
For information on what you see in the Circle of Service when you are complete a trip, see Ending Your Trip.