The information below your name on the right tells you which assets you are viewing: all (unrestricted user), authorized (restricted user), or filtered by a group selection. If you are a member of more than one global group, click the linked text to change the selected groups.
The QTRACS application provides several ways to look at a vehicle's position history. For example, you can view and print the activity for a vehicle for one day or a week. Here's the fastest way to view position history:
- Click Vehicles
- Click Vehicle Position History
- Select the vehicle whose history you want to view. To select a vehicle, click (select a vehicle), locate the vehicle, and click the vehicle ID.
The page refreshes with the positions listed in descending order on the left and the route in a map on the right. Each position is represented by a red dot (OmniTRACS or OmniExpress-equipped vehicles) or an arrow (example: ) showing the direction of travel (MCP-equipped vehicles). No arrow is displayed if the vehicle's speed was zero.
Note: Position data is purged after a set amount of time established in Company Settings. The maximum setting is 180 days.
Position History options
- Type or select a date and time range or change the granularity level and click Search. The granularity control lets you see more or fewer positions on the map. Drag the slider to the left to see all positions, or to the right to the desired level.
- Click to generate a CSV file of the current list of positions for this vehicle. A message window tells you the request was successful or to wait for a pending report to finish and try again. Click Reports on the top, right to view completed reports.Up to 5,000 positions are included in the CSV file. To export older positions, enter a date and time to begin listing positions and click again.
- Click ping above the list to request a position update (requires permission).
- Click send message to send a new message to this vehicle.
- Click details to see this vehicle's information.
- Click in the upper left corner of the map to open map controls. Click to hide map controls.
- Click to view landmarks. Click again to hide landmarks. When viewing landmarks, you can:
- See landmark markers at the 50 mile zoom level or below
- See landmark boundaries at the 2 mile zoom level or below
- Hover your cursor over a landmark marker to see its name
- Click a marker to see landmark information and a link to its details
- If the map is shaded yellow, it is contained within a large landmark; zoom out to see the landmark boundaries
- In the map controls, roll over the current view and click to switch between Road, Automatic, and Birds eye views. Click Traffic to overlay current traffic conditions.
- Click the position in the list or its icon on the map to see more information. In the popup, you can:
- Click the position text to see position details
- Click closest landmarks to open a window listing the closest custom landmarks
- Click save as landmark to open the Create Landmark page with details entered from this position (requires permission)
- Click the arrows to the left and right of the position number to see the previous and next positions
- See the direction (example: ), speed, odometer, and whether the ignition was on or Ignition off. This information appears if it was contained in the position report. No arrow is directions arrow is displayed if the vehicle's speed was zero or if the ignition was off.
Note: Speed data is collected from the data bus once per second. The most recent speed reading is inserted when the position is recorded.