You can group vehicles and drivers by manager to filter data in queries and reports. A management group can represent an actual manager or be used to group drivers or vehicles. You must have permission to set up driver/vehicle management groups ("Can maintain vehicles and drivers" is enabled in your role). Note the following:
- A management group contains drivers or vehicles, but not both
- A vehicle or driver may be a member of one management group
- Membership in a management group is optional
- If a vehicle or driver manager changes, data previous to the change stays with the initial manager
The information below your name on the right tells you which assets you are working with based on global group membership. These global group filters control which vehicles and drivers appear in the select lists of the management groups.
Note the following with respect to global groups:
- If you are an unrestricted user (in your role, the MISC permission "Can see data for all assets" is checked), it is recommended that you check all of the groups in your filter so that you are working with all assets. The text below your name changes to "Working with all assets."
- If you are a restricted user (the MISC permission is not checked), your list includes all groups, but you may not be authorized to see all of the assets in the group.
- If you delete a group, you will remove group membership from all of its assets, not just those that you see.
Add a driver/vehicle management group
- Click Setup.
- Click Add management group.
- Type the ID and a brief description.
- Click the radio button next to the type of list.
- Select one or more item in the Vehicles/Drivers box on the right and click << Add.
- If you know the beginning of the ID to select, start typing it in the filter box above the list to quickly locate it. Standard Windows select options (Shift+click and Ctrl+click) may be used.
- Click save.
Edit a driver/vehicle management group
- Click Setup and select the management group to edit.
- Click edit.
- Change the description as needed.
- Add and remove drivers or vehicles to keep/delete.
- Click save.
Delete a driver/vehicle management group
- Click Setup and select the management group to delete.
- Click delete.
- Click OK.