This document describes the new features and enhancements for Omnitracs Navigation. These changes are implemented in Omnitracs Navigation version 4.4, which release May 2018.
For previous releases, click here.
Minor Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Addresses in Canada can now be searched by settlement name by entering the settlement in the city field.
- Fixed an issue where routing errors were not properly indicating that routing had failed and was instead giving the user an option to route to a location 0 feet away.
- Speed alerts for posted road speed now leverages truck speed limits instead of passenger vehicle speed limits when a separate truck road speed is available. Use of this functionality requires that commercial is selected in the vehicle profile.
- Fixed an issue where the application improperly indicated which metric unit was selected after making a change to the metric units setting and relaunching the Omnitracs Navigation application.
- Fixed an issue where searching for a POI after routing to a POI caused the POI list to display improperly sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where deleting feedback entry did not always return the user to the incident list.
- Form entry feedback fields are sometimes incorrectly populated with old or incorrect data when using the back button.
- Text to speech directions for upcoming maneuvers may sometimes be delayed and not provide adequate time to execute an upcoming maneuver such as warning a driver to get into the left lane because a left turn is coming up. This only applies to the spoken directions and not the turn by turn directions displayed on the mobile unit.
- When reordering stops on a trip, sometimes it is not possible to move a stop up on the list and it can only be moved down.
- Selecting the Skip Next Stop option during a trip cancels the trip.
- Using the +Add to Trip option adds the new destination to the beginning of the trip list instead of the end.
- The Auto option for units is not working. Either Metric or Imperial needs to be manually selected to switch units of measurement.
- Choosing map view when editing a destination in a trip shows the user's current location instead of the destination location.
- If a driver changes the date and or time of an issue in the driver feedback section but backs out without sending the feedback, when the issue is viewed later the fields to change the date and or time retain the previous changes that were not sent.
- Whenever a route takes an exit off of a tollway, it does not list the name of the exit or exit number.
- Destinations cannot be added to a trip from the Favorites menu.
- Text to speech can sometimes cut off in the middle of announcing a maneuver and the entire text to speech system will stay off for several minutes before resuming functionality.
- Routes through Atlanta are incorrectly using I-75, I-20, and I-85, which are prohibited instead of using I-285 to go around Atlanta.
- When a highway transitions from one name to another, the change is not announced by the text to speech.
- The application sometimes freezes for about 30 seconds while the vehicle is moving.
- Successive rerouting of long routes can cause the IVG to freeze.
- The application sometimes interprets vehicles as being on service or access roads instead of on the highway, which can cause speed alerts to improperly trigger if being used. This normally occurs when the application routes the vehicle to take an exit but the vehicle skips the exit and stays on the highway.
- The application sometimes incorrectly route drivers into HOV lanes.
- Address ranges with a hyphen cannot be searched for if it is not listed in the address range.