The User Role Administration tab allows you to create, modify, and delete user roles for HOS. A user role is a collection of permissions (rights) to access and perform specific administrative tasks. Only one role can be assigned to a user. indicates a required field.
- User Role
- Select the user roles you want to work with. To create a role, select New Role.
- Role description
- The name of the role such as Safety Manager or Dispatcher. Descriptions can contain up to fifty alphanumeric characters. Special characters or punctuation marks are not allowed. Spaces are not allowed at the beginning or end of the entry.
- The permissions assigned to each role. The HOS Administrator has all permissions. Administrative rights include:
- User Role Administration: create and maintain roles (for example Safety Manager or Dispatcher
- User Administration: create users who can log in to HOS software
- Depot Administration: create depots (terminals) to which vehicles and drivers are assigned
- Driver Administration: create drivers
- Vehicle Administration: create vehicles
- HOS Setup Administration: modify HOS system settings
- Group Administration: create groups of drivers and vehicles
- Office Administration: enter and maintain the company's main office address
- All Duty Status Edits: edit a driver's duty status activities and assign unassigned driving time to drivers
- Non Driving Edits: make changes to a driver's non driving duty status activities (e.g., sleeper berth time).
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.