By default, the HOS Web application has a single role "QHOS Admin," which is assigned to the default user "Admin." The administrator creates roles for other Hours of Service users (e.g., Safety Manager, Dispatcher), each with a different set of "rights." A right is a set of permissions. For example, the All Duty Status Edits right allows the user to edit a driver's duty status and to assign unassigned driving time.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Click Role.
- Select New Role from the User Role drop-down list.
This is the default selection.
- Enter a role description, such as Safety Manager.
- Select one or more items in the Rights list to assign them to the user role.
To select multiple rights, hold down the CTRL key while clicking.
- User Role Administration - allows the user to create and maintain roles for HOS application users.
- User Administration - allows the user to create and maintain HOS application users.
- Depot Administration - allows the user to create and maintain depots (terminals) to which vehicles and drivers are assigned.
- Driver Administration - allows the user to create and maintain drivers in the HOS application.
- Vehicle Administration - allows the user to create and maintain vehicles in the HOS application.
- Group Administration - allows the user to create and maintain groups of drivers and vehicles.
- HOS Setup Administration - allows the user to modify HOS system settings on the HOS Setup page, which affects how logs are captured and the permissions application users and drivers have to do things.
- Office Administration - allows the user to maintain the address of the fleet's main office, which appears on the driver's log (unless the driver is assigned a carrier).
- All Duty Status Edits - allows the user to edit any type of duty status record (driving and non-driving) and assign unassigned driving time to drivers.
- Non Driving Edits: allows user to edit a driver's non-driving duty status records (Sleeper Berth, Off-Duty, Off-Duty Driving). With this role users cannot edit a driver's drive time.
- Click the Save button.
Create a User
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.