The Correct Duty Status window allows you to manually change a driver's duty status.
A duty status can be changed or you can split it into two records. When you split the record, one record retains the old status and the second is assigned to a new status. Segments can be split repeatedly to create multiple edits for one original duty status. If you undo a correction, all corrections made to an original duty status are undone.
After you save an edit with a remark, appears next to the duty status on the Driver Details page. Hovering over the icon displays the remark.
Neither you nor drivers can edit drive time.
- Indicates that the reporting device is running ELD-compliant firmware and ELD mode is active. Edits to ELD enabled devices show PENDING until the driver reviews and approves the changes. If the driver is not logged in, you'll see Driver Not Logged In in the header.
- Indicates that the reporting device is an AOBRD. Edits to units with AOBRD firmware update within 15 minutes, assuming the driver is logged in.
- The status, date, and time that you are manually correcting.
- Duty status
- Select the new duty status from the drop-down list.
- Select an exception if applicable:
- 16-hour Request: ( US only) Exemption can be granted only once in 7 days following 10 or more hours off-duty and/or sleeper berth time.
- Off-Duty Deferral, Ferry Crossing: Apply only in Canada ().
- Wait-Oil Well: Applies to drivers who are set up to take this exemption.
- Rest-Hazmat (on-duty only): Applies to drivers who are set up to take rest breaks while on-duty.
- Click to split a duty status record or to go back to the original single record. When you split a record, you can specify a different duty status, the date and time it began, its duration, and the location of the vehicle when the duty status began.
- If you are splitting a record, enter the correct information for the start of the new duty status. Time stamps and duration of duty status information change as you update this information.
- The duration of the duty status in hours and minutes.
- [Vehicle location]
- The vehicle's position at the time of the duty status. This position is relative to the nearest town, city, or point of interest. You can adjust the location if necessary.
- For MCPs, this is the distance driven for a recorded or added driving segment. You can adjust the mileage in whole numbers.
Note: If you split a duty status, the point of interest (POI) and other location information are copied to the second part of the split. The POI is expected in the format "City, State/Province," where state or province is abbreviated.
- Check to indicate that the off-duty time was in a moving vehicle. Off-duty time captured in a moving vehicle is subject to the rules of the On Duty Time Definition (Passenger rule). Uncheck the box to indicate the vehicle was not moving during this off-duty time.
Note: When a driver is in personal conveyance status and an inactive driver (passenger) is in off-duty status while the vehicle is moving, the inactive driver is subject to the On Duty Time Definition (or Passenger rule).
- Under Rest Break Exemption
- Check to indicate that the driver was under a rest break exemption during this segment.
Type a short explanation about why the status changed or select from the list of pre-defined remarks. Add up to two remarks for each duty status. The first 16 characters of the remark appear on the mobile display (OmniTRACS only). Your ability to type freeform text in this field is controlled by settings on the Administration HOS Setup page.
To remove a remark, delete the text from the Remarks field. To change an existing remark, edit the text.
- Edit Reason
- Type a short explanation about why you are editing this log or select from the list of pre-defined edit reasons. When a driver edits his log and types an edit reason, it does not appear here. Edit reasons you enter replace any previously entered reason notes entered by a driver or a web application (host) user. Your ability to type freeform text in this field, and whether this field is required, is controlled by settings on the Administration HOS Setup page.
- When you save a corrected log, it is sent to the mobile unit for driver approval.
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.