Hardware Requirements, Software Dependencies
This document covers a firmware release that supports MCN CA90-J9937-10 and higher and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 200.12.50
- VIOP: 200.16.02
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. Both the firmware and the operating system are available for download on the Omnitracs Customer Portal (on the Support page, click Firmware/OS); refer to the following guides for upgrade procedures:
- MCP110: Windows XPE operating system builds OS129 and OS130
- MCP200: Windows XPE operating system builds OS29 and OS30
New Features and Enhancements
The following new features and enhancements are included in this release.
- To provide drivers with the ability to certify an entire status all at once, a pop-up window now opens for any status that spans multiple days. The message reminds drivers that they are certifying a duty status that spans more than one day, tells them the date range of the status, and asks them if they would like to certify this status. Drivers can select Agree to certify the status or Not Ready to return to the original screen.
- When drivers transfer eRODS files, they now receive a message letting them know their records will be sent to the FMCSA.
- U.S. and Canadian city lists have been updated to include all minor civil division (MCD) types.
- Drivers are now allowed to accept an Unassigned Driving Event as Personal Conveyance or Yard Move if they are enabled to use them in the company settings.
- Drivers can now use Yard Move while they are in Canada.
- The mobile now ends Driving status and triggers the end of the trip immediately when the ignition is turned off. This prevents the driver from getting stuck in Driving status if the system loses power.
- The device now automatically detects a 500KB vs. 250KB Canadian data bus. Prior to this release, 500KB users needed to use version 1819 of the firmware. Now 500KB and 250KB users use the same firmware.
|Work Item Number||Issue|
|OMCPCX-24016||Improvements have been made to decrease the screen delay when a driver transitions out of Driving status.|
|OMCPCX-24012||The mobile was allowing Personal Conveyance (PC) to be edited to Yard Move when it should only allow PC to be changed to Driving. The mobile now matches the host; drivers can only change Personal Conveyance to Driving.|
|OMCPCX-23892||The counter on the Certify screen has been corrected to accurately account for edited duty statuses that occur over midnight.|
|OMCPCX-23927||Changes were made to ensure that HOS is not presenting carrier edits to the driver prematurely.|
|OMCPCX-24014||Updates were made to ensure that unassigned driving is not offered to a driver who already has Yard Move or Personal Conveyance during the same period.|
|OMCPCX-23989||The process of calculating passenger rule violations has been improved to prevent false positives from being reported.|
|OMCPCX-23977||Based on FMCSA guidance, changes were implemented to ensure that some malfunctions are not overreported.|
|OMCPCX-23995||Old AOBRD functionality that identified the driver as the co-driver of a UVA event if the driving occurred prior to login authentication has been removed.|
|OMCPCX-23962||The Sensor Failure message has been updated to display properly on the mobile.|
|OMCPCX-23957||The banner on the Certify tab has been updated to indicate if logs have not yet arrived.|
|OMCPCX-23979||In rare cases some diagnostic events would not clear without a reset. This issue has been resolved.|
|OMCPCX-24013||Co-drivers no longer need to re-enter their password when the vehicle stops the current driving event.|
|OMCPCX-23978||On rare occasions, the internal clock used bad date/time values provided from GPS. This issue has been resolved.|
|OMCPCX-24029||The Certify screen no longer erroneously prompts drivers to certify records for January 1, 2017.|
|OMCPCX-23939||Performance improvements have been made to prevent odometer jumps from occurring upon engine start-up.|
|OMCPCX-24028||Performance upon start-up has been enhanced to reduce the number of Power Malfunctions reported.|
|OMCPCX-24024||The Malfunction timer has been updated to consistently reset at midnight.|
|OMCPCX-24026||The Position Malfunction timer has been updated to pause when no vehicle motion is detected.|
|OMCPCX-24165||Enhancements have been made to continue to support the GPS Rollover corrections.|
|OMCPCX-24188||For some new drivers, the Day Log tab was empty due to a midnight split.|
|OMCPCX-24184||When two drivers were logged in from the splash screen, both drivers had identical login times. This issue has been resolved.|
© 2020 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.