Hardware Requirements and Software Dependencies
This firmware release supports the following and higher MCNs:
- CV90-JC339-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
- CA90-JE045-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
- CV90-JE045-1xx, -2xx, -3xx
and is composed of the following software:
- PAPI 9.0
- VIOP 8.02
NOTE: CV90-JE045-xxx hardware is compatible with OT50 and newer operating systems and DA09xxR firmware and newer only.
This firmware release is compatible with the Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact operating system (WEC2013 OS) OT33 or higher.
Most upgrades are done over-the-air. Both the firmware and the operating system are available for download on the Omnitracs Customer Portal (on the Support page, click Firmware/OS and refer to the Installation and Troubleshooting Guide).
Features and Enhancements
The features and enhancements listed here are available with this release.
- Vehicle Inspection Report 2.0 enhancements for Canadian rules and improvements to the VIR application
- Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP) for Cummins engines allows vehicles with MY2017 Cummins engines and newer to update the engine's ECU to the most up-to-date engine software
- Drivers may change the language of many applications to Canadian French or Mexican Spanish from the Settings menu
- The firmware supports IVGs with either an LTE- or 3G-modem
- IVGs with UAs beginning with 1085 (LTE hardware):
- Have an enhanced capacitive digitizer/touchscreen that is more sensitive to touch. The new screens may not work with gloves that are not intended for use with capacitive touch screens.
- Communicate on the LTE network and must install 9x firmware or later
- Omnitracs Navigation 4.9 updates detailed in the Omnitracs Navigation release notes and the driver-facing on-board support system
- Various bug fixes and performance optimizations
Known Issues - Hours of Service
The following are issues drivers may encounter as they use the IVG.
Omnitracs CoPilot® Truck™ Navigation
Occasionally, drivers may notice that routes generated by ALK navigation are longer than anticipated. There is no workaround.
Updated hours do not display correctly on 14- and 70-hour clocks. The Workflow icon does not correctly displays when it’s enabled on the IVG. Drivers are prevented from launching Workflow or navigation after stopping for the night.
In some instances, terrestrial web browsing is slow. There is no workaround. Navigation is briefly visible while the web browser is launching. The web browser gets stuck on the “Please Wait” message. MP4 videos does not display with the correct aspect ratio. Scroll bars do not display on all web pages that need them. When drivers attempt to view videos full screen, the OS popup overlays the video.
Weigh Station Bypass
In some instances, the Spanish version of Weigh Station Bypass is not providing appropriate messages to drivers. There is no workaround.
During beta testing, the IVG occasionally did not recognize screen touches.
The date does not display in the correct format when the IVG is in French.
Pages are not printing correctly in both portrait and landscape orientation.
Dispatched trips override the current active route.
Operating system errors are displayed to drivers. Bluetooth connection popup messages are being displayed to drivers.
Omnitracs NaviGo™ Navigation powered by Telogis
The menu is not available to both drivers when team driving. The interface freezes or loads slowly. The application intermittently fails to launch.
The French installation of Weigh Station Bypass shows as Off after an installation. The IVG stops communicating after the language is switched to Spanish or French.
The time field is not displaying the correct format for the Spanish login screen.
Critical Event Reporting
Hard brake events are not being correctly recorded for Volvo Mack vehicles.
© 2019 Omnitracs, LLC. All rights reserved.
Omnitracs is a trademark of Omnitracs, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Omnitracs endeavors to ensure that the information in this document is correct and fairly stated, but Omnitracs is not liable for any errors or omissions. Published information may not be up to date, and it is important to confirm current status with Omnitracs. Specifications subject to change without notice.
This technical data may be subject to U.S. and international export, re-export or transfer (export) laws. Diversion contrary to U.S. and international law is strictly prohibited.