Overview and Navigation
The Distance screen is a list of distance records currently entered in the Omnitracs system. From this screen, users can view distance records, add distance records, or edit existing records.
Ten records are shown at a time. You can page through the list of records by using the navigation aids at the bottom of the screen.
- Previous - will navigate to the previous page of distance records.
- Next - will navigate to the next numbered page of distance records (i.e., if you are on Page 2, selecting Next will get you to Page 3).
- Numbered (e.g., 1,2,3) - select any number to navigate to that specific page of distance records.
|Row. Select any row to bring up the View Distance screen.|
|Navigation Tabs. Navigate to any tab by clicking on it. The current tab is underlined.|
|Add Distance button. Select this button to add a new Distance record.|
|Records Navigation bar. Navigate through the current window's records by selecting numbers, back arrows, or forward arrows.|
Perform the following to add a Distance record.
- From the Distance screen, select the Add Distance button . The New Distance Record screen appears.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Required fields are outlined in red.
- Select Save.
Add Distance Field Definitions
* Required fields are denoted by an asterisk.
|Jurisdiction||Drop-down, State or Province||State or Province in which miles driven (distance record) were accrued.|
|Total Miles *||Numeric||Number of miles or kilometers (non-toll) that were driven.|
|Date||Date (MM/DD/YYYY)||Date on which miles were driven.|
|Vehicle ID *||Drop-down (varies per company)||Vehicle that accrued miles for this recovery_ramdisk|
|Unit Type||Drop-down||Preferred unit of measure (miles or kilometers)|
|Beginning Odometer||Numeric||Odometer reading before accrued distance.|
|Ending Odometer||Numeric||Odometer reading after accrued distance.|
|Toll Miles||Numeric||Number of miles or kilometers that were driven on toll roads.|
|Comments||Alphanumeric||Comments relevant to distance record, up to 60 characters.|
Perform the following to edit a Distance Record.
- Select the entry to be edited from the Distance screen. The Distance Record screen appears.
- Select the Edit icon. Fields will become editable.
- Make edits as necessary, including comments.
- Select Save.
Edit Distance Field Definitions
Field Definitions for editing distance entries are the same as for Adding Distance.