The Universal Config page lets you make changes to what the driver sees when using this workflow. For instance, if you want the driver to be able to add an unplanned stop, or use navigation, you would define these options here. The left side of the Universal Config page lists several categories of settings you can define; when you click one, the right side shows the options in that category.
Hint: If there is an info icon next to a field, hover over the icon for more information on that field. The categories for the Universal Config settings are:
- Adhoc Tasks Expiration (Days) - enter the number of days that ad hoc tasks will be retained on the device for drivers to reference. Once this expiration is reached, the ad hoc task can not be reviewed on the device. The valid values are 1-30.
- Core App Settings - allows you to define options that the driver will have on the mobile device, such as whether the driver can add a stop, as well as what features may appear on the device. Hover over the tooltip icon for more information on each option.
- Help & Feedback - lists the links for help and a help desk phone number that drivers will see when they go to the Help & Feedback link in Drive.
- Hours of Service - if the driver will be using Hours of Service on the device, select Omnitracs XRS as the HOS Integration. You will need to set up additional configuration in Omnitracs Web. If you will be using co-drivers, check Allow Team Driver. If you want the HOS information available to the driver as a tab in Drive, instead of as a separate window accessed by pressing an icon, check Show HOS Integration as a Tab.
- Location - click the arrows to select where the GPS and In Motion information should come from: the driver's mobile device (Tablet) or the Telematics device. If the In Motion Provider is Use GPS of Tablet, enter the minimum speed at which the vehicle is considered in motion (In Motion Speed Threshold) and the minimum number of pings to use when calculating the speed (In Motion Sample Size).
- Map View - click the arrow to choose the map provider for the maps that will be used in Drive. You may need to enter the API key for the provider as well.
- Telematics - if there will be a Telematics device in the vehicle, select the Telematics Provider. You will need to set up additional configuration in Omnitracs Web. If the driver must confirm that the proper vehicle is assigned before starting, check Confirm Assigned Truck.
- Text To Speech - if you want the device to verbally alert the driver when specific types of messages are received, use this page. Check Enable Text to Speech Service, and then click the drop-down arrow for each type of message to define when that type of message will be verbalized to the driver.
- Messages - if you are using Centralized Messaging to communicate with your drivers, select Messages Tab in the Messaging Integration field and define the remaining options. You will need to define additional configuration options in Omnitracs Roadnet Anywhere.
- Navigation - if you are using a navigation application, click the drop-down menu in the Navigation Integration field and select the proper application. If you are using Omnitracs Navigation, you will need to define additional configuration options in Omnitracs Roadnet Anywhere. If you are using a different navigation application, you will need to complete the additional configuration options in Command. The remaining settings on this page, Display Stop Information, Hide Stop Side, Turn on GPS Logging, and Route Path Provider all control how items are shown on the map. If you are using CoPilot for Navigation, choose Trimble as the Route Path Provider, otherwise choose OT1 Routing.
- My Day Planner - select the options the driver can perform from My Day Planner when working in this workflow in Drive.
- Printing - if you want the driver to be able to print receipts or other items, define the configurations for your Brother printer.
- Stop Info Setup - choose options that will be available to the driver at a stop
- User Preferences - choose the proper options to define times and languages the drivers see when using this workflow.
- Documents - choose the types of documents the driver will be able to choose from in Drive. The list of documents for the selected Document Types are created in Supporting Data.
- Advanced - This page is for display purposes only. You cannot make changes.