The Circle of Service guides you through servicing your stops. Depending on the type of service you are performing, you will have different tasks available in your Circle of Service. Along with your trip tasks, you can also see information about the stop you are working with and you can add additional tasks in your Circle of Service. The information below covers a typical Circle of Service for the service stops on your trip.
Notes: Tasks may be named differently, depending on how your organization has them set up.
If you use navigation, each time you depart a stop your navigation application opens and provides directions. To return to Omnitracs Drive, use your mobile device's Back button. You will only auto navigate if you are using ALK Copilot, Omnitracs Navigation, Google Maps, or Waze.
Arriving Stops on the Trip
After you have completed the Circle of Service for starting a trip, you are ready to move on and service the stops on your trip.
Note: If multiple stops are close together on the map, the number of stops in that area displays, rather than each individual stop. Press the number and the map zooms in to display the individual stops.
- Press the next stop on the map. The Circle of Service for servicing a stop displays.
Note: There may be optional tasks displayed in the Circle of Service. If you need to perform one at the stop, press the task to start it.
- Press Arrive to open the Arrive task for this stop.
Note: You can use the next task icon to move to the next stop and the Arrive window displays automatically.
- On the Arrive screen, confirm the stop's arrival date and time. You will also see your current duty status.
To change the Arrival Date, press the calendar icon and choose the correct date of arrival.
To change the Arrival Time, press the clock icon and choose the correct time of arrival.
To change your Duty Status, press the Change Driver HOS Duty Status to: arrow and choose your updated status from the options that display. If necessary, you can edit the HOS Log Notation.
- To complete the Arrive task, press Done. Your Circle of Service displays.
The Arrive section of the Circle of Service shows as complete and you are able to proceed to the next section.
Delivering and Picking Up Orders on the Trip
If you have orders on your trip, the Delivery/Pickup section is available once the Arrive task is complete.
- Press Delivery/Pickup to open the task for this stop. A list of orders displays on the Delivery/Pickup window.
- Scan or enter an order number. To take a picture of the barcode, press the Barcode icon and center the barcode in the picture. Drive will take the picture and return the barcode to the order number field. The order is found in your list of orders.
Note: If the order number is not found in your list of orders you can choose to add it as a new order.
- Press the arrow next to the order number to see the possible actions that can be performed for the order.
Note: Some actions may not display or may be grayed out. Required actions display in red.
To expand the line item information, press the List icon. The list of items displays for the order. If your organization does not use line items, you will not use this feature.
To add a note to this order, press the Note icon. Place the cursor in the Note field and use the keyboard to type the note. If you use speech-to-text, you can speak the note and Drive will type it into the note field. Press OK and the note displays on the screen. Press Add if you want to add another note or Close to return to the Delivery/Pickup window. The Note icon displays with a badge that indicates how many notes are included with the order.
To add a photo to this order, press the Camera icon. If you want to take a new picture, choose Camera. Take the picture. Press OK to return to Drive. Press Retry to clear the initial picture and take another one. You may be able to choose a picture that already exists from the Gallery. Press the Photo icon if you want to add another photo or the X to return to the Delivery/Pickup window. The Camera icon displays with a badge that indicates how many photos are included with the order.
To add a document to this order, press the Document icon. Your mobile device's camera opens. Drive will take the photo automatically if it detects a rectangle shape in the preview. Follow any instructions you might see, such as get closer or hold still. If it doesn't automatically take the photo, you can press the spinning circle button to take the picture manually. Once a picture is taken, press Scan and then OK. Press Add if you want to add another document or X to return to the Delivery/Pickup window. The Document icon displays with a badge that indicates how many documents are included with the order.
To add an Overage, Shortage, or Damaged item to this order, press the Alert icon. Press the Select Type arrow and choose what you are adding: Shortage, Overage, Damaged, or Other. Press the appropriate icon to add a note or take a picture. Add as many notes or pictures as needed and then press OK. Press Add if you want to add another OS&D to the stop or Close to return to the Delivery/Pickup window .
Note: You may be required to include a note or photo with the OS&D. Icons for required actions display in red. You cannot continue with the Delivery/Pickup until all required actions are completed.
To see details about the order such as the quantity, price, tax, weight, etc., press the Options menu. An edit icon displays next to any information that you can change.
- If you have line items, with the line item information displayed, press the Scan/Enter item # field. Scan or enter an item number. To take a picture of the barcode, press the Barcode icon and center the barcode in the picture. Drive will take the picture and return the barcode to the item number field. Press the Search icon. When the item is found, the item box is checked in your list.
Notes: You can add an action to the item, press the arrow and choose the appropriate action icon.
You can check the box next to the order number to have all the items in the list checked at one time.
- To complete the Delivery/Pickup task, press Done. Your Circle of Service displays.
The Delivery/pickup section of the Circle of Service shows as complete, with the number of orders that are completed and the total number of orders for the stop. You are able to proceed to the next section.
Review & Signoff
Once you have delivered or pick up all the orders for a stop, you may need to have a customer sign for the delivery/pickup or you may need to mark that the delivery/pickup was refused or dropped somewhere at the location. If you have a Review & Signoff section, it will be available once the Delivery/Pickup section of the Circle of Service is completed.
- Press Review & Signoff to open the task. The order number(s) with which you are working displays.
- Press the arrow beside it to see and use the actions available for the order and items.
- Press the Acceptance Type arrow and choose how the service is being finalized, if you are getting a customer signature, if the customer refused delivery, or another result. Depending on what you choose, you may need to have the customer accept and sign for the delivery/pickup or you may need to enter a note as to why the service was finalized in the chosen manner.
- To complete the Review & Signoff task, press Done. Your Circle of Service displays.
The Review & Signoff section of the Circle of Service shows as complete, with the number of orders that are finalized and the total number of orders for the stop. You are able to proceed to the next section.
Departing Stops on the Trip
Once you have delivered a stop, you must depart it. The Depart section is available once all the other tasks for the stop are complete.
- Press Depart to open the Depart task.
- To rate the stop from 1, the lowest score, to 5, the highest, press the Star icon that represents your rating. Once you rate the stop, you can add a comment about your rating.
- On the Depart screen, you can review the address, appointment time, and the estimated time of arrival of the next stop on your trip. You can adjust the departure date and time, if necessary, You can also review your current HOS Duty Status.
To change the Departure Date, press the calendar icon and choose the correct date of departure.
To change the Departure Time, press the clock icon and choose the correct time of departure.
- To complete the Depart task, press Done. The Map view displays.
Continue to Arrive and Depart all the delivery and pick up stops on your trip.
Phases of Your Circle of Service
For information about finding stop information, manually adding tasks, and optional tasks in your Circle of Service, see Working with the Circle of Service.
For information on what you see in the Circle of Service when you begin a trip, see Starting Your Trip.
For information on what you see in the Circle of Service when you are complete a trip, see Ending Your Trip.